Low FPS or lag spikes? Fix it here!

pimpmyname

If you can't afford a new PC for only to play some css, this is the right section for you to avoid it! This tutorial can literally fix your CS:S. I do also experience some lag spikes on my own pc too, even when i have good specs. This tutorial will differently increase your FPS, so let's begin!

STEP 1: Update your Graphics Driver

This is a very common issue for most computers, when you forget to install the newest drivers for your graphics card, this will increase your FPS in any game.

right click on Windows Icon, if you are unsure where it is, then click here.

Now go open Device Manager, and click Display Adapters. Click here if you are unsure.

Whenever you have found your graphic card name, you simply just navigate though the support sites for your driver. If you do have Nvidia, like i do you can just download Nvidia Geforce Experience here. If you got AMD click here.

If you dont know what to do, you might have to google it/youtube.

If you do have any questions for STEP 1, please text below :D

STEP 2: Optimize your computer for gaming.

Basically i got a YouTube video i really recommend to use/do. Link is here

I do really recommend installing CCleaner, because it optimizes your pc as well. Link is hereOther Anti-viruses nowadays, isn't really that helpful anymore, a hacker can easily gain access to your pc. So therefore, i suggest you to remove your anti-virus, but don't do it, if you are often visiting some stuff xD. I clean my pc every month using MalwareBytes, but i dont have any viruses... link is here

If you want to maximum optimize your pc, you just have to PM me... :)

STEP 3: Optimize your CS:S fps

http://www.etcwiki.org/wiki/File:Net_graph_3.png look at this picture, so you understand me! :)

Type net_graph 3 in your console, and of course join a server first xD, so lemme explain you what all these is:

Choke - Choke is lost packets of information sent between you and the server. Choke basically means that your computer is sending your players position, and what he does (shoot, move, nade, knife) to the server, and its not getting there. Counter Strike Source default is to send your players actions to the server 30 times a second. (cl_cmdrate) 
Choke is caused by two things:

Your computer is sending too many packets to the server per second. If you try to send 100 commands to the server per second, and the connection between you and the server can only accept 40, you are going to be getting 60 choke. This will make you suck in game, none of your shots will register, and only 40% of the things you try to make your player do will be done, if at all.

The server is not able to read all of the information being sent to it. This can be caused by network lag at the server, or CPU lag at the server. The client cannot control this, but can accomodate for it by lowering their cmdrate and updaterate.

Loss - Loss is lag from outside your computer and usually outside the server. This means that while your commands that are going to the server, they are following a path (sometimes can be 30 networks your commands go through before they reach the server) and somewhere in that path, the packets dont make it to the next place. Those packets are 'lost' in the bowels of the net. Loss can also come from wireless connections, in which case you can change your wireless channel to fix or get closer to your access point. Loss is for the most part out of your control, unless your connection just plain sucks.

1.FPS- How many frames per second your graphics card is computing

2.Ping- Round trip time from your computer to the server and back

3.Incoming Packet Size - size of incoming packets from the server

4.Incoming Data - how many kilobytes per second you are receiving from server

5.Packets Per Second - times per second your computer is receiving info from the server

6.Outgoing Packet Size - size of outgoing packets from your computer

7.Outgoing Data - how many kilobytes per second you are sending to the server

8.Packets Per Second - times per second your computer is sending info to the server

9.Loss - explained above

10.Choke - explained above

After the explanation, i recommend to change all these settings, by following my previous guide. http://forum.cs-frag.com/topic/614-100-tickrate-is-it-still-possible/ this will mostly help increase your FPS.

Hope this could help you

Pimp

EDIT:

Start css, open up settings/video/advanced

Turn filtering and antialias settings completly down or off, this increased my fps by over 150(depends on map).

Edited by pimpmyname
Awesome Increase FPS
  • Like 6
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:03 PM, XXExodus said:

Another pro tip if you have low fps : IT IS TIME TO UPGRADE YOUR 2002 PC. :kappa:

I have to agree, even though I don't have a powerful pc.

I can sincerely tell you that I've been struggling with trying to optimize my pc and making it run faster for FAR TOO LONG. So don't experience the pain, suffering and useless hours I have spent with this stuff. Learn from my mistake guys, it's not worth it :( Ulitmately you just have to compromise like I did by running the game in a lower resolution and cranking down some settings.

Upgrading your pc is indeed the best solution ;) 

AND DON'T DOWNLOAD CCLEANER! IT'S FULL OF S**T

Edited by TheNoclipper
5 hours ago, TheNoclipper said:

I have to agree, even though I don't have a powerful pc.

I can sincerely tell you that I've been struggling with trying to optimize my pc and making it run faster for FAR TOO LONG. So don't experience the pain, suffering and useless hours I have spent with this stuff. Learn from my mistake guys, it's not worth it :( Ulitmately you just have to compromise like I did by running the game in a lower resolution and cranking down some settings.

Upgrading your pc is indeed the best solution ;) 

AND DON'T DOWNLOAD CCLEANER! IT'S FULL OF S**T

Whats so bad about ccleaner? Explain please

• 10 months later...