game's over

A great idea (on paper at least)

Hi

Before starting i am writing with i phone so sorry if there are any faults.

Its for the zombie escape server.

So on this one, there are like 2 or 3 thousands active players. For such a big community, I don't feel like there are so much help topics especially from the staff.

Anyway, there is a problem on this server actually about items. Indirectly since items work. 

I'M gonna explain :

People always flame, or very often the bad using of items. It is true that it can be a real problem, in mako for example where they are pretty important. Therefore, people who are beginners or something can't really learn because of that.

Since now, I personally don't use items to let it to those who know well the ability of items. Consequences ? I don't really progress in terms of item skill. Like a lot of other people for sure. Without speaking about people who picks it up and throws games, but as I explained I'm not that type of player.

You gotta understand it's a vicious circle.

Cs frag gets his own programmers right ? So I thought about a very very little server, containing one small map (not a lot of environment) in which one there will be all items. The goal would be to permit to players to approve their skill in a server without gravity in real time. Players would get better easily and stop throwing games AND in direct consequence a really better atmosphere in the escape server.

Players would try items on a punch-ingball zombie, or why not a player who makes the role of the zm for the others players as humans, and every 3 minutes, for example, it's the turn to another player to make the zombie ?

I mean a very little server for a huge utility.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by game's over

1. I don't think CS-Frag has its own programmers

2. Opening another server just for that purpose would be very costly imo

3. You can learn the items by playing the map in singleplayer or with a few friends on your own private server. I disagree with the idea.

But lets see what the owners think :kappa:

Heyya,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it's not that easy. Just having a small server where you can pick up items and try them out isn't a solution for this. When you are new to the game/a map, the best thing you can do is to spectate good players that are using the items and try to memorize the usage. It's mandatory to know when and where to use it and you won't get these informations from a small server like the one you suggested. As soon as you know what to do with the item, you are welcome to try it yourself. It could happen, that an admin punishes you for wrong usage, but that's just because it's hard to seperate the trollers from the newbies ^^. If sth like that ever happens to you, you can always talk to us.

BTW, I'm glad that you don't pick up items and use them randomly, but sooner or later you have to try it out to get a hang of it. And remember, we all were (some still are^^) newbies in ZE and we all had to learn how to use items.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that when you play on the server, make sure to type "!hud" in the chat. That allows you to see who picked up which item and also shows the item cooldowntime (works on most maps). Very helpful...

52 minutes ago, shredder said:

It's mandatory to know when and where to use it and you won't get these informations from a small server like the one you suggested. 

Yeah that's true

anyway that was just for the idea, it would have some advantages but I understand it's not that easy.

Smth which can be cool also is an experimented player/admin who creates a real topic on items (with pictures of items IG, quick descriptions...) but need someone to do it :cwy:

Edited by game's over

Game over, you ever thought about playing the map you want to learn in single player?

P.S Use sv_cheats 1 and use noclipme... pretty easy to understand most of ze maps in single player.

To be honest I didn't know that was possible.

To do single player you create a private server, but are there those kind of zm map ? I know there are basic maps such as cs_assault or de_train but...

What's the trick with cheat 1 and noclipme exo ? Sorry for my dumbness but I'm not a css player for such a long time xd

Btw I just saw yesterday u got 16500 points ??? Damn that's a score 

Ty for helping

If you have the ze maps downloaded in your cs:s folder those same ze maps will appear upon creating a single player server. Just choose from the descending menu.

About your question for sv_cheats 1. When you type the command on your private single player server it will unlock cheats such as noclip, where you can walk around the whole map through the wall or even go to the admin room of the map and switch the stage, this method is pretty useful for exploring a map or just picking up an item you want to learn. Try this.

u mean a all in one training map? I guess there are some maps for boss fight but u can always create server with bots and with commands try it , u just need to give some time to develop your skill 

@XXExodus

For mako, the map is limited to level 1 : I won the map, and nothing happens after.

I wanna train level 4 (ex2), is there a solution ? Like something which can teleport me or... ?

Owner
41 minutes ago, game's over said:

@XXExodus

For mako, the map is limited to level 1 : I won the map, and nothing happens after.

I wanna train level 4 (ex2), is there a solution ? Like something which can teleport me or... ?

Most of the ze maps as an Admin room where you can change the level. In mako it's located next to spawn area, on left side ;)

If you're walking thru the map to change the level, you need to be on CT team, and at the end of the map you need to use 'kill' in console, to switch the level.

good idea but as those ppl said try it in singular player better than make a server for that i tried it many time when i was playing a new maps in zb server :D