theracord

A ping kicker

Recently there are some players with a huge ammount of ping , who ruin the gameplay of other because they are lagging like a mofo and its like the are teleporting ingame and kill people easily , as a example ,player "fidelink". He always has 400-600 ping and its like he is teleporting and knifing humans from 5meters distance lol, no joke ,

THIS IS not a personal attack, just as a example.

Other servers got a ping kicker, where u get kicked if you have  a to high ping, is this not something for this server?

Greetings

Edited by theracord

Big support theracord. It's really impossible to endure! If there is a ping kicker then It is possible to decrease online, but it will be more qualitative and there will be less bad feelings. 

Edited by h1dden

Owner

There are Ping Faker programs out there and many people use them to join servers with only low ping access.

So long knifes and laggin' keeps goin'  :P

Owner
5 hours ago, Maxemor said:

I agree, it's a good idea and a lot of servers have it

Take a look at this:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=769939

and this:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=701420?p=701420

Correct me if Im wrong but what else is a Pingfaker for?

In case you have a Pingkicker on your server... you only have to use a Pingfaker to access the server.

Maybe playing with cl_cmdrate  is still possible. So that would work too.

@Tariq do you mean forcing people to use a specific cmdrate in order to join the cs-frag server? But different servers use different rates, so the player needs to adjust their rates each time they join another server. Also, many people would prefer to manually fine-tune their rates depending on their network config and internet speed and/or ping, so they wouldn't want you forcing them to use a specific rate when they join your server. Maybe if there was a plugin to detect and punish ping-fakers, you could use that. Or you know since it takes so much work that it defeats the purpose, maybe you should dump the idea and leave the server as it is now. After all, I haven't seen too many people complain about laggers with ping-fakers around here.

Owner

Yes and no. They can adjust to stay on the server if we have a HighPingKicker plugin installed. Or they can use a program to trick the plugin.

In the other hand not everyone knows about how to fake their own ping. And that might be helpfull.

It's also a matter of efficiency. Do we really have so many highpinglers on our server?

But I can understand you here!

54 minutes ago, Tariq said:

Yes and no. They can adjust to stay on the server if we have a HighPingKicker plugin installed. Or they can use a program to trick the plugin.

In the other hand not everyone knows about how to fake their own ping. And that might be helpfull.

It's also a matter of efficiency. Do we really have so many highpinglers on our server?

But I can understand you here!

Anyways, I'm just saying my opinion, at last it's up to the stuff to decide what to do. 

Admoons could add a white-list for people like fide, who are members of community and like to play on cs-frag servers but may or may not be able to join server because of pingkicker.

But that somehow makes the ping kicker inefficient in doing its job

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Maxemor said:

@Tariq do you mean forcing people to use a specific cmdrate in order to join the cs-frag server? But different servers use different rates, so the player needs to adjust their rates each time they join another server. Also, many people would prefer to manually fine-tune their rates depending on their network config and internet speed and/or ping, so they wouldn't want you forcing them to use a specific rate when they join your server. Maybe if there was a plugin to detect and punish ping-fakers, you could use that. Or you know since it takes so much work that it defeats the purpose, maybe you should dump the idea and leave the server as it is now. After all, I haven't seen too many people complain about laggers with ping-fakers around here.

There is actually a plugin to kick people who ping mask. After they correct their pingmasking they will be kicked again for high ping hah

Owner

I have added AntiPingMask for ze/zm servers. There has been cases where player ping has been jumping over 200-500 sometimes.

Especially in ze, on some maps (Like westersand) the ping gets very high for all the players, and I wouldn't risk using ping kicker and it accidentally kicks most of the players out.
There's also setting in zombie:reloaded that prevents "long knife" so you can only infect from x Distance.

For now I won't be adding Ping kicker to servers, but instead I've added Anti Ping Mask, that prevents players to fake their current ping.